Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Alpha

I just got back from the introduction dinner/seminar of the Alpha course. The Faith E-Free Church in Manhattan is running it. It's a 10-week seminar series about topics exploring Christianity. Topics include the ff.:

Introduction Dinner: Is there more to life than this?
Week 1: Who is Jesus?
Week 2: Why did Jesus die?
Week 3: How can we have faith?
Week 4: Why and how do I pray?
Week 5: Why and how should I read the Bible?
Week 6: How does God guide us?
Week 7: How can I resist evil?
Week 8: Why & how should we tell others?
Week 9: Does God heal today?
Week 10: What about the Church?

Weekend: Who is the Holy Spirit?
What does the Holy Spirit do?
How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
How can I make the most of the rest of my life?

(http://www.alphausa.org)

For me, it's a good refresher course. Going back to the basics of my faith in Christ. It cuts across faith....Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans, Baptist, seeking.... The important thing is to know and to have a relationship with Jesus, the Son of God. It tells about the "good news" about God's love and how He gave His Son to pay the debt we can't ever ever pay! (Oh, I hope I'm not revealing too much. hehe)

For those who are seeking, it is a "permission" course where one can ask questions about Christianity and/or just plainly be heard. It's a safe place to raise questions about God. Plus, there's superb dinner served with great hospitality.



No comments: